Search This Blog

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Thrifting New

I'm pretty excited when I'm thrifting, not looking for anything in particular, and it happens. The find. The deal that makes this all so addicting. Today, I stopped at the Salvation Army on the north side of the City and landed (no pun intended) 5 Lands End mock turtlenecks, with the tags still on, all for thirty bucks. Lucky me, white tags were 25% off today and so they were even cheaper than I thought when I checked out. It's a little late in the season but in Chicago we are assured winter until at least April or May so I still have some time left to wear them. I did notice that the prices in the City, albeit not a ritzy neighborhood at all, are a bit higher than they are in the suburbs. I'm not sure what the strategic retail thinking is on this practice considering the people in my neighborhood can afford the higher prices more than the people can in this particular neighborhood.



So I headed back to the burbs.....

College students love thrift stores. I once asked my son if it embarrassed him when I came to visit with a big "black bag" full of clothes. He said "Mom, we all go there!" All the better for me. I've gotten him some great clothes as a result of thrifting. Almost new Michael Kors ties, Banana Republic dress shirts, Lucky jeans, etc. My daughter also really enjoys finding great things and doesn't mind the occasional hand me down. I scored her a really cute puffy winter vest. Very stylish and again, Lands End! $6.99.

My best find was a black Buddha statue for 2.99. I had my husband stop at Menards on the way home and pick me up a can of spray paint in an aqua-ish color and I've decided that I will spray paint this and give it a place on the mantle in the livingroom. I'm really excited! No one will have anything like it and it made me smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment