Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2015

A Decluttering Project: 40 Bags In 40 Days

Wonder where I've been? I'm crazy busy with projects! projects! projects! Soon, I will have a great deal to share with all of you. I wanted to share my newest obsession .... decluttering. Cleaning out. Getting rid of.

Starting today, I am going to be cleaning out, getting rid of and de-crapifying. I can't wait to see how much I'll accomplish in 40 days! Here's the plan: bring one bag for trash and one bag for things to donate. Set a timer for 15 minutes and get to work on the room/area specified for that day. It won't seem so overwhelming and you won't be tempted to put it off if you know you only have to do it for 15 minutes. If an area requires more than 15 minutes, plan several days to go back at the end to revisit.

Today, there are so many ways that you can get rid of things you don't need or want. Remember that your trash could be someone else's treasure. On Facebook there is a surge of virtual garage sale groups for those who are local to your area. You can always drop things off at Goodwill, Salvation Army or any other thrift shop or charity of your choice. Many battered women's shelters accept donations of clothing and household items. You can post an ad on Craiglist, put it out on the curb and first come, first serve. Lastly, if you aren't able to transport your donations you can call organizations like Salvation Army, Amvets, The Brown Elephant or The White Elephant to arrange for pick up.

So, who wants to make the commitment to spring clean and get organized in 40 days? If you'd like to use my planning tool, I've included a free printable that I used to accomplish this great task! You can download and customize yours here.

No comments:

Post a Comment