Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Cheap Shaves for Girls AND Boys

Shaving has never been a routine for me. I'm one of those people who is blessed with light colored hair on my legs and it grows slowly and very sparsely. Perhaps it's a curse of the Irish but I see it as good fortune. As I've gotten older and the hormones have started to go awry, it's gotten a little darker and a little harder to ignore. Unfortunately, with that has come sensitive skin, making shaving something I wish I could avoid. I love how freshly shaven legs feel. It's decadent and it's pretty, very feminine and it make me immediately want to have a pedicure. But shaving is also expensive ... if you want a really good razor, and there isn't anything like shaving your legs with a really good razor, you can easily drop $20 bucks for the experience.

Two years ago, I surprised my husband with the gift of The Dollar Shave Club. Three levels of razors for the male who enjoys must endure the act of shaving. Previously, my husband dropped some serious dollars on good blades. Seriously, these blades should come with a golden handle for as much as we have spent on them. The Dollar Shave Club promises cheap blades delivered to your door every month. A bonus is that it comes with a smutty little publication and other items you can add to your monthly shipment. Of the other items available, one immediately caught my eye: One Wipe Charlies. I knew this gift was going to be the biggest hit of the year because Casey is IN LOVE with those flushable butt wipes. Yep, he isn't afraid to admit it either. He is quite confident in his belief that a fresh bottom is an absolute necessity for him. Well imagine his surprise when those little wipes also delivered a refreshing tingle! Yep, that's right, butt wipes that leave a little tingle of menthol to your bum. I knew he'd be hooked.



Two years later, we have gifted The Dollar Shave Club to our son and my father-in-law. They all love it. As I suspected, the One Wipe Charlie wipes put an unfamiliar skip in my husband's step and a little sparkle in his eyes. The Dollar Shave Club has saved us a pretty penny and the blades are second to none. All the better is that you don't have to shop for them anymore. It's a no-brainer.

Oddly, I still struggle and my genius (don't tell him I ever said that) husband suggested I join for myself. Why didn't I think of that? Perhaps its the branding of the Dollar Shave Club ... it's geared toward men and although no one says that women can't join ... there is sort of an inferred NO GIRLS ALLOWED sign on all their marketing. A little disappointing and I must admit, as a girly girl, I would like a blingy handle or maybe just one of a pretty color, but I decided to snag my husband's handle, swipe a new blade and try it before I buy it.

I'm sold. Joining the Dollar Shave Club this month. Of course I will treat myself to the Executive blade because, well, I deserve only the best. It was really the greatest shave. Pair it with another "pour homme" shaving cream (my favorite: Avene Men's Shaving Foam) and it's an unforgettable experience. My legs weren't knicked and the shave was really smooth. If you haven't checked out the Dollar Shave Club, you shouldn't hesitate. The men in your life will love you for it and it definitely should be at the top of your things to gift. Do it ... http://www.dollarshaveclub.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment